BiScotland have one regular group meeting per month in Glasgow.
Day: first Tuesday of every month
Time: 7pm – 9pm
Terrence Higgins Trust, Breckenridge House,
274 Sauchiehall Street,
Glasgow G2 3EH
Further information: See the Meetings page.
The building has buzzer entry at the front door and there is a lift inside.
After a meeting we sometimes go to a nearby bar for drinks, so people can chat and get to know each other in a more informal setting.
Ground rules of Bi Scotland meetings
- We believe that bisexuality is a normal and healthy sexual identity.
- We believe that bisexuals are entitled to respect, and to freedom from discrimination, harassment and exclusion, as is everyone else in society.
- We acknowledge the diversity of the bisexual community, and our meetings are a place where this diversity is respected. We aim to be a safe place for bisexuals regardless of their gender identity, politics, race, ethnic identity, religion or lack of religion, whether they are monogamous or polyamorous, and so on.
- Bi Scotland meetings are for bisexuals and for those questioning their sexuality. Non-bi partners and friends are welcome to join us for drinks after the meeting, and for social events.
- Bi Scotland meetings are confidential. This means that noone may disclose to anyone outside the meeting that you were there without your permission. It also means that noone may repeat anything you said in the meeting without your permission.
- At Bi Scotland meetings, everyone has the chance to speak and be listened to with respect.
We strongly encourage:
- Listening with respect and not interrupting when someone else is speaking.
- If you disagree with someone, disagree with the point they are making, not them as a person.
- Being aware of the amount of time available and the fact that some people find it difficult to speak in a group. In other words: don’t hog the floor!
- No verbal abuse, offensive terms, or harassment of others.