It can be difficult to find good quality information about bisexuality so we collected the following links from group members. Where possible we’ve found Scottish/UK sites for each topic (with the exception of the forums*).
- ShyBi – popular community for bisexual and questioning women.
- ShyBi Guys – community for bisexual and questioning men.
- ShyBi Partners – forum for both female and male partners (but does tend to have more posts from wives/girlfriends). Unregistered guests can post.
- Bisexuality forum on Reddit – varied discussions. Other ‘subreddits’ include queer, bipoly and bisexualUK. Allows ‘throwaway’ accounts (without an email address).
- Both Directions – guide by Bi Community News magazine (the page links to PDF file).
- Getting bi in a gay/straight world – guide by Biphoria (Manchester). Online version is a slideshow on flickr (image gallery website).
En español: Siendo bi en un mundo gay/heterosexual – esta guía acerca de la bisexualidad está disponible en el sitio web de Biphoria.
- Uncharted Worlds, Bi index – helpful pages about bisexuality by Jennifer Moore. Other pages on the site cover polyamory, gender and body politics.
- BiCon – the annual UK bisexual community get-together.
- The Advocate, Bisexuality (US) – magazine articles about bisexuality.
- Biscuit (UK) – online magazine for “today’s discerning bisexual woman.”
- Deviance, The Skinny (Scotland/North West England) – short magazine articles about topics like sexuality and body image. Bisexuality articles include bi myths and Glasgow BiCon.
- Brook, Sexuality section – pages about sexuality (links at foot of page). See Pippa’s story about realising she was bi.
- Sexuality (NHS Inform) – explains about sexual orientation and related topics.
- Pink Therapy, Bisexual page – reading list, links and guides to LGBT-friendly therapists.
- Bisexuality: Myths vs Facts – great video by Kiera Rose (aka Scarlet Saint). Be aware that some ‘related’ YouTube videos can be quite negative.
- BiBloggers – Bisexual voices, UK blogs brought together by BiMedia.
- Being Bisexual – videos/blog by Georgina (aka EsmeT) from London.
- The Bisexual Bangladeshi – blog by a bi Muslim man living in London/Scotland.
- Sexual Health Scotland – good general information (doesn’t go into detail about straight, gay or bi). A few videos of ordinary people discussing experiences.
- Sexual health for lesbian and bisexual women – by NHS Choices (England).
- Sexual health for gay and bisexual men – by NHS Choices (England).
- ‘For men who are attracted to women and men’ (PDF file) – sexual health and safer sex guide by members of Bi Scotland, Gay Men’s Health and Healthy Gay Scotland.
- NHS 24, Find Local (Scotland) – postcode search for services, including sexual health clinics.
- THT Scotland – HIV charity with offices in Aberdeen, Dumfries, Dundee and Glasgow.
- BiMedia – up-to-date news about the UK bi community.
- The Bisexual Index – a site about bisexuality and it’s perception in the UK.
- BiUK – national organisation for bisexual research and activism.
- Bisexual.org – US site about the bi community (has taken over ‘bi.org’ domain that used to be a UK site).
- Bisexual Resource Center (US) – bi community support and awareness.
- Bialogue tumblr – US activist group aiming to educate the public on the facts and realities of bisexuality.
- LGBT Youth Scotland – like it says on the tin, support for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans young people in Scotland.
- Equality Network – promoting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality & rights across Scotland.
* All based in North America. Note: we know the proper plural of ‘forum’ is ‘fora’. We’ve said ‘forums’ as it is more commonly used in everyday life – gratias tibi ago.